Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] T-mobile 3G settings

RE: Asterisk help needed

I was looking for some kit to use with asterisk, and took a chance on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5767896397

It's a four port FXS device - it took a little bit of hoopjumping to set up
(but don't they all!) but I now have it working rather nicely as part of
our
setup.

I only got it this morning, so can't comment about reliability - but I'll
keep people posted.

I have to say, Asterisk has been one of the most interesting tools I have
played with in a loong time - it's quite a learning curve (and frankly,
without the help of Andy Powell, I'd still be struggling big time) but
very,
very worth the effort.

Currently, we have a server with an X100P Wildcard Clone and a cheap Nokia
Premicell from ebay, a BT Speedway TA, and the IAX/SIP service from
Gradwell, and it's looking good enough in our testing to consider going
live
with it - the plan is to run parallel for a couple of weeks, then switch
across to the Asterisk completely.

Actually, on that topic - does anyone have a source for either RJ11 to RJ45
cables, or alternatively, Male BT to Male RJ45 cables?

My existing PABX uses screw terminals, out over CAT5 to the wallboxes,
where
we use the RJ45 => BT adaptors to plug in regular phones.

Ian.