CBus Prices

> To be fair to Gareth everything he said was
> true from an end users perspective.
>
> Li makes a fair point too but it only
> applies to integrators. What if you
> are a simple end user who can't afford
> to pay an integrator (who incidentally
> are unlikely to pass on these savings
> to the end user anyway -
> at least thats my experience) ?

Hum,

I had a good look at www.cbus-shop.com and www.home-control.co.uk
when I started to plan my installation.  At first, it seemed a bit
odd that their prices seemed to be exactly the same.  I suspected
some kind of Cartel arrangement.  Then I read something about C-Bus
setting the retail prices.

It never crossed my mind to try and import "grey" equipment
(perhaps
I wish it had).  However I did do some digging around various
electrical wholesalers.  The end result has been discussed on here
previously.

Suffice to say, it pays to shop around.