Re: Monitoring/Power Cycling PC's with HomeVision

On 5/6/05, Graham Kiff <graham.kiff@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would like to monitor PC's status using something like PING, however
if the PC hangs and no ping response is received I want to use HomeVision
to send the appropriate X10 commands to cycle the power to the PC.
> Has anyone implemented such a scenario, if so how have they done it.

http://www.nagios.org/ is a good
network/service monitoring tool. It
runs on Linux, can monitor just about anything, and can carry out
configurable actions upon failures. It uses an extensible plugin
architecture so you can write your own plugins, as I don't think
there's anything HomeVision/X10 specific available.

--
phil