Re: Roku

  • Subject: Re: Roku
  • From: Simon Brazier <zen17047@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:19:19 GMT

I bought an M1000 from www.rokulabs.co.uk a couple of months ago - not the
cheapest place but it came with a free wireless card which was how I wanted
to connect it.

They can be a bit of a pig to set up, particularly if you want to run it
wirelessly, and there are a few "issues" with WEP encryption, but
once it was setup and working I'd say it was probably the best bit of kit
I've ever bought ! Does exactly as it says on the tin and has given our CD
collection a whole new lease of life. SWMBO is equally impressed and got to
grips with it straight away.

I was so pleased that I recommended them to two guys I work with, who
subsequently purchased the same and have been equally impressed with them.
I stream Windows Media lossless files over an 802.11b network, running
Windows Media Connect as the server and it works fine.

Support on the Roku forums is also very good should you run into any
problems.