From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx on behalf of Keith Doxey
Sent: Wed 04/05/2005 21:41
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] 19" rack size ?

Hi Mark

> Here are some photo's of it...
>
> One of the front
> http://www.serenitymeadow.com/misc/cab/3.jpg
>
> A top profile of the door.
> http://www.serenitymeadow.com/misc/cab/5.jpg
>

> So, as you can see, it's an odd little door. The whole cabinet is
> 600mm wide by 1500mm tall. the rack is 19inch wide  x 1340mm tall
> (30U). I am hoping that a door from any 30U unit will fit, if the
> hinges don't match, I can always relocate them on the cabinet.
>
> So, anyone have any ideas ?

Totaly unlike ANY door I have seen before, and the fact that the top view
shows it to be a U shaped piece of perspex eg

without any apparent strengthening makes me think it a "homebrew"
door that
was made to show off the goodies in the rack.

All doors I have seen before have been a metal door with a large cutout in
the centre which is then filled with perspex. The metal then froms a strong
frame that prevents the perspex from breaking.

Regards

Keith