Re: Re: [OT] Bluetooth in car

  • Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Bluetooth in car
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 11:49:48 +0100

I'm slowly getting used to the BT kit in the car now - certainly the
quality of speech over the car's sound system is excellent compared to the
separate speaker in the last car.  Driving around I haven't noticed in
disadvantge in not having a separate antenna either, although I suspect in
areas of marginal reception I might be(?).

I've now invested in a USB charger, so like you my phone is being charged
whilst in the office via my PC.  Leaving BT on all the time certainly
depletes the charge faster though.

Am I safe leaving BT on all the time though?  I thought there were security
issues with that?  I have set up my own pass code - is that enough?

I've just been trying to get voice dialling working which I think will be
my answer to the keypad lock and making outgoing calls issue.  I've a
SonyEricsson T610 but I guess most phones work the same way.  Rather than
set up voice commands for each dialled number I think I can get away with
just one voice command for Wildfire and then let her do the dialling.  I've
set up a command for her but I can't seem to get it working - should I not
be able to just say (shout) the command I've recorded (Wildfire) and the
phone should then dial??  Am I missing something?  :-)

Malcolm