Re: [advert] z wave

  • Subject: Re: [advert] z wave
  • From: "Dave" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:14:13 -0000

To get started with Zwave you will need the USB interface, the remote
control and some modules. There is a driver for Homeseer on their website.

You need the remote to add your modules to a group and you then use
this to transfer the settings to Homeseer via the USB interface. Quite
simple really but would have nicer not having to use the remote.

The only downside of the remote at present is that you can not use
this to trigger Homeseer, only to control your Zwave devices. Saying
that, at least Homeseer can read back the status of the Zwave devices
unlike most X10 units.

One thing to note about Zwave is not to move the modules around the
house without deleting it and adding to a group again in the new
location as it will get 'lost' in the network. Because it uses a mess
style communications method when assigning a new module to a group it
will not know or maybe not see its neighbours.

Otherwise I have found them to be very reliable and far quicker to
respond than X10 modules.

Dave...