Re: [OT] Bluetooth in car

On 5/2/05, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Is this progress?  I'm thinking of switching back to the
> > wired kit.
> > > Anyone care to convince me otherwise?
> >
> > No, not really progress, plus you dont have a cradle like
> > most wired car kits, so the phone is just floating around in
> > the car somewhere.
>
> Depends what you do with your phone ... I have a rucksack that goes
> everywhere with me. My phone(s) stay in there all the time and I
always
> forget to take my phone out when I get in the car. My BT car kit
connects up
> to my phone even if I have lobbed my bag in the boot and so I think it
is
> real progress! (Plus it also means that my phone isn't being charged
> unnecessarily which I'm sure still fecks up the batteries!)

The way my current phone works is I leave bluetooth on, and have it
paired with my earpeice in the car.

When I switch the eareice on I press the button to connect and then
leave the phone. It has voice dialling at the press of the earpeice
button and I can leave keylock on.

The only downside is chargeing, but it sits on my desk at work and
gets charged there, so it's not usually a problem.

--
-S
http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/