RE: [OT] Bluetooth in car

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Bluetooth in car
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:34:11 +0100

Well after a day driving around and making and taking a few calls I'm still
not convinced. The sound quality on the new set (a SonyEricsson HCB-30) is
far better than my wired set (HCA-20).  But I really miss just sticking it
in the cradle and having the profile automatically selected and everything
all set up. My biggest bugbear is the keypad lock. It's on automatic and I
now have take it off automatic when I drive - although i suppose I could
set
up voice activation?.  Remembering to change over to BT isn't such a
problem - leaving it on afterwards does drain the battery a bit faster but
always carry a spare charged battery in my briefcase anyway.  What about
security though - someone mentioned keeping it hidden - how do you do that?

Malcolm