Re: Project Bling

> Hi Q,
>
> How did the install of DSL go?

Easy peasy wirth a Poorman's install as described here:
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/talk/node/66
.  As I didn't have a CDROM to
boot of, it took a bit of effort to get tomsrtbt boot disk to recognise my
network card, but after that it is easy.  The only difficulty really was
finding some floppies which still worked :D

> Are you using a HD or a CF card?

At the moment a harddisk, but it is quite noisy due to it being old and
knackered (the fan is quite noisy).  I'm either looking at replacing it
with
a CF card or a solid state disk.

> Do you copy your images to the laptop/picture frame or do you access
> them from a share?

They are stored locally, but there is no reason for them to be.  The wifi
card enables access to my lan and they can just as easily be taken from the
network (or any website in the world)

> Ive got an old p2-300 portege 3110 that I've stripped back and is sat
in
> a picture frame - but I haven't got any further.

Pictures man, pictures! ;)

Q.