Re: [OT] Bluetooth in car

Malcolm Surgenor wrote:
> switched my car at the weekend and the 'new' one came with a Bluetooth
hands
> free kit.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> With the previous car I just stuck the phone in the cradle and it
> automatically changed to the In Car profile and was charged and
connected to
> an aerial.
>
> To use this one I've got to remember to turn on BT and turn off the
> screensaver and the keypad lock (yes I know I shouldn't be dialling
but I
> just press and hold 1 and talk to Wildfire!), it's not connected to an
> aerial and I have to remember to charge it up later...
>
> Is this progress?  I'm thinking of switching back to the wired kit.
Anyone
> care to convince me otherwise?

No, not really progress, plus you dont have a cradle like most wired car
kits,
so the phone is just floating around in the car somewhere.

About the only usefull thing is that it makes upgrading cellphone cheaper.

I would like to see a standard carkit where you just change the cradle, but
tru
to form of the cellphone manafactureres, you will pay about as much for
some
plastic to hold the phone as the phone itself, at least till the 3rd party
ones
come out.