[OT] Bluetooth in car

  • Subject: [OT] Bluetooth in car
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:46:13 +0100

switched my car at the weekend and the 'new' one came with a Bluetooth
hands
free kit.

Am I missing something?

With the previous car I just stuck the phone in the cradle and it
automatically changed to the In Car profile and was charged and connected
an aerial.

To use this one I've got to remember to turn on BT and turn off the
screensaver and the keypad lock (yes I know I shouldn't be dialling but I
just press and hold 1 and talk to Wildfire!), it's not connected to an
aerial and I have to remember to charge it up later...

Is this progress?  I'm thinking of switching back to the wired kit.  Anyone
care to convince me otherwise?

Malcolm