Re: Whats the current thinking on the best ADSL router?

  • Subject: Re: Whats the current thinking on the best ADSL router?
  • From: Simon McCaughey <simonmcc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:42:35 +0100

On 4/29/05, Steve Abbott <steveabb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I bought a 2600+ when my 2600 (the first batch) died.  Well I think I
did,
> its in the house somewhere. I've never had reason to find it or reboot
it.

Me too. I cant remember what colour it is.... green...pink...

I have never had any issues with it, we are at the end of a ~ 73dB
attenuation line with a SNR of < 10, so I bought the vigor since it
was supposed to be good with bad lines. And it is.

At the start I wondered if it was worth all the extra money, but when
I hear the guys at work talking about their routers crashing, and
different problems, including moving the router so it's more
convenient to power cycle, I know I've made the right choice. (guided
by this list ;)

Simon