Re: Introduction

  • Subject: Re: Introduction
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:11:15 +1000

Hi Paul

> Yes, this sounds interesting.
> I am currently writing some overview docs for the website these will
> hopefully outline the protocol.

Thats great...Will contact you offlist .........

> I have written the PIC firmware in two parts a library for the 485
comms
and
> the application. I have some bits to change in the library to make it
> configurable but then this should be OK to use for all the nodes. (I
have
> only tested this on PIC12F629/675)

Havent used these pics ...are they 8 pin pics??

> I have the following nodes on my to-do list
>     Door control
>         This will operate an electronic lock and detect if the door is
open
> or closed via a read switch.
>     Swipe card reader
>         This will allow the reading of swipe cards onto the xAP
network.
>     Temperature / Humidity sensor
>         This will use the combined temp / humidity sensor from
SENSIRION
> (CPC order number SN35846)
>
> I am hoping to have the updated firmware and docs on the website in
the
next
> couple of weeks
>
> What features would be useful for you (and others)?

Personally im interested in using a rfid reader similiar project to your
card swipe...got a couple of
id12 units to play with.........

Currently using Justins TOM10 board for temp sensing using xPL....and i
believe its got a xAP plugin as well.........

Frank