RE: Introduction

Hi Frank

>> I am the author of the www.bazautomation.com website and have been
working
>> on my home automation projects for the last few years.

> Have visited a  few times , really interested in your rs485 stuff.....

Nice to know there is someone interested in what I'm doing :-)

>   I see you currently developing your protocol for your xAP/485
network ,
im
>   thinking it would be good if us xPL Users  use the  same protocol
for
are
>   xPL/485 network...The we can use each others hardware ....Would you
be
>   willing to discuss this with some of the xPL guys ??

Yes, this sounds interesting.
I am currently writing some overview docs for the website these will
hopefully outline the protocol.

Also I have now got prototypes of a 240V control node and a 2 input switch
node.
I made a prototype of the connector as well but I missed some bits off the
PCB, so had to go back to the breadboard for that one.
I should be making a new set of prototype PCBs in the next couple of weeks
which will include the conenctor.

I have written the PIC firmware in two parts a library for the 485 comms
and
the application. I have some bits to change in the library to make it
configurable but then this should be OK to use for all the nodes. (I have
only tested this on PIC12F629/675)

The connector currently uses a windows app to connect to the Ethernet xAP
network. The long term plan is to move this to an embedded device so that
no
PC is required. Preferably not running any version of windows ;)
Also there seems to be a strange RS232 buffer problem in the PIC RS485 to
RS232 connector I have made.

I have the following nodes on my to-do list
Door control
This will operate an electronic lock and detect if the door is open
or closed via a read switch.
Swipe card reader
This will allow the reading of swipe cards onto the xAP network.
Temperature / Humidity sensor
This will use the combined temp / humidity sensor from SENSIRION
(CPC order number SN35846)

I am hoping to have the updated firmware and docs on the website in the
next
couple of weeks

What features would be useful for you (and others)?

Regards
Paul