Latest message you have seen: Re: ADSL Over CAT5

Re: xPL-LCD PICS

  • Subject: Re: xPL-LCD PICS
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:49:03 -0000

Hi David,

I have read the datasheet on qprox sensors and cannot find the exact
info i require!

They mention Cx, that is attached to the external sensor plate. Now,
is this the natural capacitance of the sensor, or a capacitor you add
to the sensor then attach to ground?

Also there is a difference in sensor range if I attach the -ve
terminal of a battery operated circuit to ground ....(your finger can
be 3mm away from sensor and it still works).

But if i do not connect the -ve terminal to ground the distance is
about 1mm, any ideas how to improve the sense distance as i would like
it to be just a battery operated device, with no ground connection.

Thanks

Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@s...>
wrote:
> I made a little PCB for a previous employer that had a QT11x socket
(I used 115s because they had the no-recalibrate option) and a relay
> On that board I had two 78L05 regulators to try and prevent any
relay switching noise interference with the QT, it may have been
overkill but I only had one chance at the PCBs and it needed to work

> http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/
>
> fantastic little wireless access port/bridge/print server/analogue
and digital audio streaming thing
> and if you use a keyspan USB IR receiver it will send the IR to the
host PC via the Airport express

> trouble is that Apple have really designed it to be used with a WiFi
laptop as a 'remote control'  and it only streams audio in Apple loss
less format

> DVD Jon created Justeport to stream any AAC loss less file to it and
Rogue Amoeba have airfoil, which routes any Mac audio via the airport
express

> I think xPL a xPL <-> iTunes connector might be the answer,
then a
xPL enabled LCD like yours or IR and pronto would give me the remote
control I need

> Dave

and a