From: Ake Hedman [mailto:akhe@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 23 March 2005 16:36
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Crash course/info on X10 ?

Dean,

Is X10 really right for this guy?  I thought lack of money was the only=20
thing that talk in favor for X10 over LON, EIB and others.

/Ake

Dean Barrett wrote:

> Having visited one of our major customers MD's properties i was
confronte=
> with shed loads of X10 equipment.
>
> This is seriously big, very old house - 7 Bathrooms etc. etc.  He
wants
> additional lighting circuits for lighting to be added to his 10 Acres
of
> Formal Gardens !!
>
> Therefore i need to very rapidly become an X10 expert :)
>
> I have a little time to learn as he is having half his garden raised
by
> about 4 ft  -- so that should take a while :)
>
> Questions that immediately spring to mind.
>
> Can i mount AD10 or LD11s anywhere ? - Can we get the X10 signal to
cross
> phases ? - he has a couple of 3phase supplies feeding the=20
> house/pool/garage
> etc.
>
> Where can i get details of setting up these new units - and if he
has=20
> about
> 20 of them already dotted around the house, do i need to see every one
> make sure codes dont clash ?
>
> Any help or pointers appreciated.
>
> And for those car lovers amongst us - we had a look in his garage -
8=20
> bays,
> tiled floor and parked in there were :-
>
> Porsche Cayanne
> 3 Motor Bikes - no interest to me
> 1 Bentley Convertible
> 1 Bentley Hardtop
> 1 Jaguar XK-R convertible
> 1 Ferrari 355 Cabrio
> 1  - wait for it Jaguar XJ220 is BRG - very nice indeed
> and he wasnt there so dont know what he was driving :)
>
> I felt very lowly and insignificant as i left there in my Chrysler PT
> Cruiser.
>
> Any how - any suggestions appreciated
>

> Dean.
>

>       Try our amazing lighting demonstration online now, and watch in
> realtime via our webcam. Click below and follow the CBus links.
>       www.rolec.net
>       dean@xxxxxxx
>       Tel: 01908-210677
>       Fax: 01908-210678
>      The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is=20
> intended
> solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information
in=20
> it by
> anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
solely
> those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The
Rolec
> Group or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended
recipient=20
> please
> contact wrongmail@xxxxxxx

> *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> click here=20

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D129s5qagu/M=3D298184.6191685.7192823.3001176=
/D=3Dgr
oups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1111675268/A=3D2593423/R=3D0/SIG=3D11el9gslf/*=
http://www.
netflix.com/Default?mqso=3D60190075>=20

>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

--=20
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)
eurosource, Brattbergav=E4gen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
Company home: http://www.eurosource.se=20=20=20=20=20=20
Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com
Personal homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home: http://www.vscp.org