Latest message you have seen: Re: HA Object Model or Taxonomy?

Crash course/info on X10 ?

  • Subject: Crash course/info on X10 ?
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:40:10 -0000

Having visited one of our major customers MD's properties i was confronted
with shed loads of X10 equipment.

This is seriously big, very old house - 7 Bathrooms etc. etc.  He wants
additional lighting circuits for lighting to be added to his 10 Acres of
Formal Gardens !!

Therefore i need to very rapidly become an X10 expert :)

I have a little time to learn as he is having half his garden raised by
about 4 ft  -- so that should take a while :)

Questions that immediately spring to mind.

Can i mount AD10 or LD11s anywhere ? - Can we get the X10 signal to cross
phases ? - he has a couple of 3phase supplies feeding the house/pool/garage
etc.

Where can i get details of setting up these new units - and if he has about
20 of them already dotted around the house, do i need to see every one to
make sure codes dont clash ?

Any help or pointers appreciated.

And for those car lovers amongst us - we had a look in his garage - 8 bays,
tiled floor and parked in there were :-

Porsche Cayanne
3 Motor Bikes - no interest to me
1 Bentley Convertible
1 Bentley Hardtop
1 Jaguar XK-R convertible
1 Ferrari 355 Cabrio
1  - wait for it Jaguar XJ220 is BRG - very nice indeed
and he wasnt there so dont know what he was driving :)

I felt very lowly and insignificant as i left there in my Chrysler PT
Cruiser.

Any how - any suggestions appreciated

Dean.

Try our amazing lighting demonstration online now, and watch in
realtime via our webcam. Click below and follow the CBus links.
www.rolec.net
dean@xxxxxxx
Tel: 01908-210677
Fax: 01908-210678
The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it by
anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Rolec
Group or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient
please
contact wrongmail@xxxxxxx