Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

[OT] Fame at last - Well not really!

  • Subject: [OT] Fame at last - Well not really!
  • From: Don McAllister <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:36:31 +0000

Just in case anyone wants a laugh!

I might have mentioned in the past that I've been listening to various=20
mac related podcasts (and others) following on from getting my mac=20
mini. There was a new one launched a few weeks ago from a couple of=20
guys in LA

http://mymacguys.blogspot.com/

To cut a long story short I emailed them as they had a problem with the=20
RSS feed on the site and mentioned I liked the show.

As they'd only been going for a few weeks (and obviously had a very=20
limited audience!) they we're blown away that someone from the UK was=20
listening to their show! Even more blown away that I'm in Liverpool!

I got a name check in Show 006 (13:10) and following on from some=20
exchanges of email, they invited me to be their UK correspondent :-)

Had a long Skyperview with them last weekend and they've included a=20
clip in their latest show 009 (15:12).

Check out the seriously dodgy photoshop graphic on their site=20
(apologies to all Beatles fans) and have a listen to the clips if you=20
want a guffaw - I think I sound pretty wooden but hey, it's my first=20
(last?) time and is something different!  The clip was recorded as part=20
of a general discussion and they've included it as part of a show about=20
iTunes - it sounds a little disjointed as I hadn't heard the prior=20
discussion.

I think next time I'll give Skype a miss as the quality was pretty poor=20
and the latency of the connection caused serious problems in getting a=20
nice flow going!

I've promised Mark to give UKHA a name check next time - mind you I was=20
on with them for 40 minutes so there may be in enough stuff "in the=20
can" for the next six months.

Autographs only =A35.00 a time - mail me off list :-)