Latest message you have seen: EyeSpy247 Launch New EXT+ HD WiFi IP CCTV Camera

[OT] Multiple Sims

  • Subject: [OT] Multiple Sims
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:02:37 -0000

I know we all crave for a single "do it all" devise. But O2 are
due to
launch this service later this year. About time! No doubt at inflated
contract costs though :-( Thought some on list may be interested.

O2 introduced the MultiCard which means as a consumer customer you can
have up to 3 SIM cards (business customers up to 6) and it was designed to
have - for example one SIM in your phone, one SIM in your xda and one SIM
in
your GPRS PC card. Via the Internet or even via the phone, you can
configure
which SIM card should receive calls, which one should receive SMS and which
should receive MMS or you do it similar to the Twin Cards - the phone
switched on latest gets everything... Pretty convenient and I'm using it
too. Best of all - while you can have one device active for voice (for
sure)
the O2 system allows you to use one SIM for voice and the other SIM for
GPRS. Therefore I can use my Smartphone for a voice call while browsing
through the web on my Xda II without paying for a second contract

Many thanks,

Rob