Latest message you have seen: RE: Wanted: cheap, deep 19" rack

RE: APC UPS Network low battery network broadcast

  • Subject: RE: APC UPS Network low battery network broadcast
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:00:06 -0000

Alan,

I would guess that you need to emulate the UPSs SNMP (Simple Network
Management Protocol) message. However, I'm now out of my depth and while
I know "sort-of" what it is and does, anything further is beyond
me.

Yours is a neat idea though and if you can make the SNMP messages appear
to come from different UPSs then you have control over a number of PCs.

HTH somewhat,

Tim H.