Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Uses for Gaffa tape

APC UPS Network low battery network broadcast

  • Subject: APC UPS Network low battery network broadcast
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:15:52 -0000

Hi,

Does anyone know of software that will 'pretend' to be an APC UPS and
broadcast a low battery warning over the network.

I can find plenty of software that will respond; parachute etc but
can't seem to locate anything that will send out the broadcast.

Shame seems like a well supported way to remotely shutdown network
devices as opposed to just computers. Don't want to go the x10 'pull
the plug' route as I'd like to get an orderly shutdown.

Kind Regards

Alan.