NetGear MP101 in PCWorld £60

  • Subject: NetGear MP101 in PCWorld £60
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:02:33 +0000

The Netgear MP101  Ethernet/mp3 players are at £59.95 in PCW currently
(£40 off) .  Aside from the mp3  player itself , it  has a really high
contrast backlit GRAPHIC display (white on black) which can support 4
lines of 24 character's  - and also infra red remote control - could
make a nice xPL/xAP garphic display and IR receiver at that
price....     As an mp3 player I have mixed feelings as it's a little
'slow' in IR control response but it does support  UPnP , and therefore
works with TelCanto/Media Centre/etc etc   - a good xPL MediaNet
candidate perhaps.

(BTW There is a newer model from NetGear that I think handles video too
- hence the price drop on this older model)