Re: [OT} mac mini help!

Ah well, at least it's going now!

As far as remoting into the mac the only one I know of is OSX VNC

http://www.redstonesoftware.com/vnc.html

but the other mac guys may have some other suggestions. I'd suggest you
switch off dock magnification if you're going to try it. Screen
handling doesn't appear to handle that very well.

Just one point though,   your first impressions with the mac must have
been tainted somewhat with your bad setup experience, I don't think
this is going to be enhanced by using a remote access session to
discover the nuances of the mac osx system. Really would suggest you
spend some time with the beasty face to face :-)

As regards what to do with it, good start would be the ilife packages,
checking out the various browsers available, checking out some of the
excellent 3rd party stuff, looking at MSN for the mac, MS Remote
Desktop to remote from the mac to PCs, etc, etc.

Best thing is just to use the thing and check out its performance and
stability (honest) especially with it's multitasking and memory
management. Checkout also Expose and have a play with that

Although there are a number of mac people on this list, you might also
want to checkout the Apple discussion lists on the Apple support site.

Good luck and I hope things only get better for you now!

Don

On 19 Mar 2005, at 23:58, Tony Butler wrote:

>> Not heard of many being so flaky on delivery.
>>
>> Hopefully you'll get it sorted\replaced and can try out the
>> mac experience properly!
>
> Well, after 1/2 an hr hanging on for tech support, then anohter 45
> mins of
> tech support - I don't ever recall phoning a tech support no. before -
> I get
> advised to reinstall everything!
> It does appear to work, though still at the "great, now what do I
DO