Re: [OT} mac mini help!

Tony Butler wrote:

>>Have you tried to pair the Bluetooth ? if you goto into the
>>Bluetooth in system preferences that is where the settings
>>are. System preferences shortcut is in your dock.
>>

>The problem is that it has decided there is now no bluetooh hardware
present
>Or network card
>Or airport
>Or cd drive even
>
>Damned macs :((
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Tony,

It could be that you have a bad one....pretty unlikely as macs seem to
work and work I have two in the house now including the mini,

Try disconnecting all the hardware and booting the mac - do you see a
startup screen?
Is your keyboard/mouse Bluetooth or some other wireless?
If the mac cannot find keyboard mouse and it has bluetooth it will
prompt to pair the required devices
If you get the startup screen then shutdown and plug in USB keyboard and
mouse for now ad reboot
Login if required
Insert your CD you should see an Icon appear on the desktop - try one of
the CDs that came with your mac or maybe a DVD
As you have discovered F12 held down ejects the CD, you can also drag
the icon of any mounted removable CD or disk image to the trash icon on
the dock to eject it
Go to the apple menu and select about this mac and click on more info -
this is the system profiler and it gives the definative list of all
hardware in the machine
System preferences has the control icon for Bluetooth - you can do
everything from here

If you really get stuck - call apple, their support is excellent and
they take lots of time to get things sorted.

Adrian