RE: [OT} mac mini help!

  • Subject: RE: [OT} mac mini help!
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:25:35 -0000

> > cannot find bluetooth hardware - please check it is installed.
> > It WAS last nite :(
>
> Odd. Have you tried turning it on from System Preferences?

Yes, once I found it eventually.
Doesn't come on.  There are two places I tried (I forget where).
One, pressing the "Turn it on" button did nothing.
The other, it said it couldn't find any bluetooth hardware.

> > 2. Network - neither wired nor wireless seem to work,
> either DHCP or
> > static ip :(
>
> Reboot?

Did that, no joy.  I had to reboot when I took it out of sleep mode and the
wireless keyboard and mouse would not work.

> > 3. CD - how the hell do I access this?  No idea, but now my
wirless
> > driver CD is stuck in there and there is no eject button
> and I cannot
> > even "see" it anywhere....
>
> Either drag the CD to the trash, or open a finder window (or the
> Desktop) and click on the CD and hit Apple-E. Failing that, there's
> usually a small eject "button" you can get  to with a paper

I can't actually see a CD icon anywhere to be able to drag it :(
What's an Apple key in PC keyboard speak?  My apple kb is wireless and
doesn't work ATM due to bluetooth not working :(

> clip. Google
> for the location?

Couldn't find one but holding down F12 for a few seconds worked.

Also, when I insert a CD, I would expect an autoruntype thing - nothing :(
I think it can't find the cd drive as well as the network, bluetooth, and
anything else :(