Re: OT(ish): Zodiac Palm device

  • Subject: Re: OT(ish): Zodiac Palm device
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:49:50 -0000

Dave

I have not really looked around any more - I use only pc's for now -=20
but might get a Mac as well; just for Adobe Creative Suite, GoLive=20
and ImageReady (PhotoShop) crash far too frequently on pc ...very=20
annoying.
My HA system is largely based around Cinemar / HomeSeer / MLHS 2way=20
plugin - works great but no real handheld device support (they have=20
PPC versions but not customisable yet!)- my 10" Airpanels are too=20
big to carry around and use as "hand-held" remotes.
Looked at the Morgan site, did not find the =A369 Zodiac (they do the=20
128Mb for =A3117) - still way better than Dixons.=20
I am mostly using mine for games - had to buy one for my brother as=20
he kept stealing mine -both of us are over-grown kids :-) - so=20
that's twice I paid the Dixon price!!!
I still think with the landscape form factor, joy-stick, great=20
display and WiFi - this has to be a great device for remote HA /=20
music managment - sonos remote being a great example of sort of=20
thing I have in mind.

Keyvan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@s...>
wrote:
> Keyvan,
>=20
> Any luck with HA control software?
>=20
> If you are Mac based,  Salling clicker looks like great app=20
> http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/
>=20
>=20
> Morgan just emailed a flyer advertising the Tapwave Zodiac for=20
=A369.99!!
>=20
> (sorry Keyvan)
>=20