RE: Internet Enabled Microwave

  • Subject: RE: Internet Enabled Microwave
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:57:43 -0000

There's some great reviews on Ebuyer for this Microwave!
LMAO!

------
Suffice to say I am a little unhappy with this product, I connected it to
the internet as per the instructions but was not advised to use an firewall
software. After only 2 days of owning this product I was hacked by an
unknown party who unfortunately programmed the microwave do resonate at a
pitch that is extremely attractive to the household cat. After enticing my
poor kitty into the microwave this diabolical hacker proceeded to shut the
door and cook poor fluffy on a medium heat for 2 hours... this is just a
friendly warning to anyone thinking of buying this product... BEWARE OF
HACKERS, they overcook your kitty =(

------

I don\'t know why they call this an internet-enabled microwave. I have now
had one of these for a week: the day I got it home i could not wait to try
it. The first thing I tried downloading was a chinese. I started it at 6pm.
By 6:45 all that had downloaded were the top halfs of two prawn-crackers
and
about half a tablespoon of plum sauce! Now I\'m told I will have to get
broadband, and until then I should stick to downloading small, heavily
compressed items like ginger biscuits. Admittedly I now have 95% of my
\'Special Lucky Star Banquet\', but it\'s a week later and my noodles have
congealed! I\'m not very impressed, I think I\'ll stick to the takeaway in
future.

Many thanks,

Rob