Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Does anyone have...

Re: New Central Heating System : HA Possibilities?

  • Subject: Re: New Central Heating System : HA Possibilities?
  • From: "solentelectricalservices" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:27:21 -0000

I think you are right, the chap I spoke with said they were getting
asked about this all the time. Maybe one of us who is good with
software writing should speak to them or maybe we should group
together and attack them as a force. I guess we should be clear what
we want to do at this point.I gather from this mornings conversation
that the system is very much reliant on a PC to work with the
software interface. Not ideal for me at all! I was thinking of using
crestron as this provides me with all the graphic capabilities and
logic I need and I can program it. It also provides central control
and comunication between systems like homevision and comfort would.
Still a fan of homevision but find crestron much easier plus it has
built in web server and PDA functionality can be added at a small
cost.

So how would you want to control your central heating is my point?
Anyone interested in seeing how mine is done email me off list and I
will arrange a demo via a small software program that I send out to
you.

<paul@i...>