Latest message you have seen: MCE and NTL

Re: Re: New Central Heating System : HA Possibilities?

Heatmiser are very un-cooperative in terms of allowing you to
interface to their stats though and also at returning calls. They have a
proprietory network protocol and have declined approaches from every
company (their words) so far in terms of releasing detail on this.
Including big names like Lutron etc...     The owner seems to not
believe in a market for automation and integration of their products and
feels that their 'spreadsheet' type control app offers everything anyone
might want and that other apps might hurt their sales of this
application and their dial in telephone adaptor.  So the HA potential
for Heatmiser products seems questionable - unless the protocol can be
reverse engineered.   There might be a later move to other protocols ,
possibly modbus or Z-Wave but at the moment it's a closed system.

Kevin

- now not considering becoming a customer