RE: Re: [OT] Film reel lead-in?

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Film reel lead-in?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:29:01 -0000

> From: Rob Lamb [mailto:those@xxxxxxx]
>
> Ah, Bletchley Park. That's where I did some of my GPO drawing office
> training. Used to be quite an amusing sight to see engineers doing
> their training on top of telegraph poles that were about 6 feet tall!

The 6 footer were OK but the big buggers on the top of the hill overlooking
the railway cutting werent much fun, especially during the long hot summer
of '76 when I started with the Post Office and all the poles were loose in
their holes as the ground had dried out so much and shrunk away from the
bases.

I also remember that we werent much impressed by the safety film shown on
the first day. Having stuffed ourrselves with sweets and fizzy drinks on
the
coach, then a big dinner in the canteen, the last thing you want to see is
people losing fingers and shoving screwdrivers through the palm of their
hand :-(  YUK!!!

Keith