RE: Recording BBC Radio

  • Subject: RE: Recording BBC Radio
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:00:28 -0000

Hard disk recorder in the car ? You'd have to find some way of starting
the recording at 6.30, but once you're on your journey you can simply
"rewind" to the beginning and you've got your own "listen
again". The
time checks & 'live' traffic reports would be interesting though . . .

I've not kept up with the Freevo et al development but maybe one of
those systems would be suitable, either hooking into your car's tuner or
via it's own tuner card.

Just had another thought . . . SWMBO's iRiver MP3 player records from
the radio to MP3, IIRC you can also set it to start recording at a
specific time. You could easily transfer that to your car & play it
through one of those cassette adaptors or via the radio's aux input. Not
sure how you'd do the time-shift bit so you heard the whole program
though.

A few thoughts . . .

Cheers,

Tim H.