Home made module

  • Subject: Home made module
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:39:24 -0000

Hi all

Well behind schedule but just over three years since I moved into the
house I have finally installed one of my home made light modules. Work
slowed the progress down but I grabbed an hour here and there and have
managed to install the first module into the loft today. It controls the
study lights were I do most of my work. There is still lots to do & I
have still to interface it directly to my HA server, another list member
has offered to write some code so as time permits I'll build up some
more units and interfaces so he can have one to write the software with.
To recap the functions currently are:-

Wireless light control (19,200 baud with a max of 15 bytes per packet
very.fast)

On/off

Interface to normal light switch

Goto level 0 to 100%

Dim or bright by any level 1 to 100%

Programmable soft start/end from 0 to 3 hours

Up to 10 user programmable (level and rate) scenes

Can be a member of up to 10 group addresses to allow for instant
multiple control

AUX o/p (a separate switched output ideal for bathroom extractor fans
etc) independently controlled

Wirelessly flash upgradeable - send a reserved code then run utill
software and module is re-flashed (settings preserved)

Switch status sent in the ack message so ha software always knows switch
status.

Virtual switch - if light was turned on at the switch and off by ha
software then when turning the actual switch now off will turn the light
back on (similar to stair style two way circuits)

Triac Temperature - TEST UNIT ONLY - allows the temperature of the triac
to be monitored by part of the ack message uses a 1-wire temperature
sensor.

If all goes well I build some more and fit them to the other lights
although I do need to interface to the server to really benefit from
them.

Can anyone think of a feature they would have liked in a lamp module
that I may regret not thinking about?

I put a couple of small pictures in the ukha_d yahoo group photo area
under "home made module" of today's install.

Ian D