Re: [OT] SD Memory Cards

Wow what car is that?! I haven't even got electric windows in mine.
Come to think of it, it doesn't beep if I leave the lights on and open
the door. And I haven't got power steering. Or airbags. Or air-con. Or
TC. But I do have a digital trip computer that goes berzerk in cold
weather (99mpg anyone?). Annnyway...

I believe 2gb cards are imminent and personally would buy Sandisk or
Kingston. The only ones I've ever had trouble with were cheap unbranded
ones from ebay. As for life, I'd have thought they'd last for years
unless you were *constantly* changing the contents of them, as aren't
they rated for a certain number of read/write operations?. As for
bitrates I've always used 160 for MP3s, but since Apple went the AAC
route I've not really used MP3. AACs sound better to my ears at 128
than 160 MP3s do, and use less space.

Tim.