Re: Re: Clipsal questions - MSS100

Hi Frank,

> > However, I also split Cgate and Toolkit - I run CGate2 on a linux
box for
> reliability and
> > tell Toolkit to connect to the remote cgate. Then it's the linux
CGate
> that talks to the
> > MSS100 via the IP address.
>
> Do you have to have toolkit talk to the mss100 via cgate2...?? or can
you
> talk direct ...???

AIUI this is the way the software is structured - that Toolkit talks only
to CGate and
it's CGate that talks to the PCI/CNI. Toolkit starts up its own instance of
CGate when it
starts, so it may *appear* that Toolkit talks directly to the PCI/CNI, but
I don't believe
that's what actually happens.

My toolkit boot (assuming cgate still running on linux) is:
- start toolkit
- close project repository (aka socket connection to local cgate)
- open remote project repository (aka socket connection to cgate running on
my linux
box)
- kill local cgate

Still waiting on the Toolkit option that makes it auto-connect to a remote
cgate...

HTH
Paul