Re: Re: Clipsal questions - MSS100

  • Subject: Re: Re: Clipsal questions - MSS100
  • From: "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 00:06:03 -0000

> > - Go into toolkit (1.1.5) and tell it to talk to an IP address
> > rather than the COM port it uses at the moment.
>
> No.........setup for a com port in my case com4.......
>
> Frank

I have mine set up as Nick suggested - cutting out the Redirector. With the
old CBus
software (pre-Toolkit), you had to use redirector and it was fiddly to make
it work
(possibly because the old software was DOS based and the pseudo COM ports
behaved a little
differently from real ports). CBus Toolkit now lets you specify the IP
address and port
(3001) of the MSS100 directly. This feels simpler and is probably more
reliable as a
result.

However, I also split Cgate and Toolkit - I run CGate2 on a linux box for
reliability and
tell Toolkit to connect to the remote cgate. Then it's the linux CGate that
talks to the
MSS100 via the IP address.

Paul