RE: BT Broadband 2MB....a good deal?

  • Subject: RE: BT Broadband 2MB....a good deal?
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:05:44 -0000

neil_frost@xxxxxxx <> scribbled on 02 March 2005 14:43:
> I use plus.net http://tinyurl.com/69ksk (it's a
referral link)
>=20
> =A314.99 for 2mb with 1gb limit. You can upgrade your download
> limit as well. I have a 2gb limit, I run an exchange server
> (you get a fixed IP address for free as well) webserver, work
> from home, I don't download movies or music. I don't use most
> of my 2gb though.

I'm also with Plus.net.  They've just changed their entire pricing
structure.  You now pay for your connection by the amount of data
transfer.  The speed is the maximum your line will take.  For me, that
means 8MB ADSL, and about 20GB for my cap for =A318.99/month.  Brilliant!
I don't do peer-to-peer file sharing, so I'm fine with that.  Upload is
not capped.  I do surf the 'net quite extensively, and run a mail/web
server that is quite heavily used (over half a million hits on my main
web site in the last 18 months).  15GB is comfortable for me.

Cheers,
Andy
--=20
http://www.andylaurence.co.uk