Re: Apple OS and Touchscreens and/or IR

>On 1 Mar 2005, at 11:08, egelbeertje wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Somebody gave me an "old" G4, I installed OSx on it and
it runs fine -
>> I would like to use it to drive a touchscreen because I happen to
>>like the iTunes interface but don't want to use kb & mouse.
>>2 problems - 1)finding a touchscreen with OSX drivers and interface

I think most of the 'Elo' touchcsreens have Mac drivers... and many Macs
are used in TS applications so there will be a good choice I think.  My
Elo TS is on my Mac - you might have some serial/usb variations on Mac
drivers though. Mine's a serial.

>>rgds Rob.
>>
>>PS : would it be possible to use something like Xlobby running on a
>>sort of virtual windows on a Mac ? if that exists ?

There is a product called Virtual PC that runs Windows on Mac    - in
fact Microsoft bought Connectix the company who created this and have
released a derivative version for Windows as their VMWare alternative.
One thing to be wary of  is that XLobby is quite CPU intensive - and
running Windows through emulation on a Mac is also not ideal .. so the
performance from XLobby on Mac might not be quite what you hoped.
XLobby is a .Net application which creates another future possibility
for running on Mac. maybe....

Kevin