Re: BT Broadband 2MB....a good deal?

darren_karp2001 wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm currently with Bulldog Communications paying £24.99 per month for
>2MB in the evenings and weekends but as I'm cancelling the telephone
>number which the service is currently on am looking for another ISP.
>Bulldog no longer sell this package as they want you to take out a
>new line with them which I'm not prepared to do.
>
>BT Broadband at the same money looks interesting but the only thing
>that's putting me off is the 15GB per month usage allowance. I'm not
>a big downloader by any means but have no way to access any kind of
>logs with Bulldog as to my past usage with them. They also cannot
>provide this information to me as apparently they do not monitor
>customers usage.

The thing that puts me off BT Broadband has been the massive
unreliability of the service.

Worked with a client on an office move over Christmas. Office move
delayed a week because the iron-clad promises were broken. Took 2 months
before it was working reliably, and this on an all-BT site (even down to
them providing the wireless networking.)

Mark Harrison
Eclipse customer, happy.