RE: SDS drill + Patress box

  • Subject: RE: SDS drill + Patress box
  • From: "Pedro de Oliveira" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:28:03 -0000

Thanks Tim,

That is plenty detail...

Cheers,
Pedro

-----Original Message-----
From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 March 2005 07:30
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] SDS drill + Patress box

Pedro,

ISTR that you can do about 50 single-gang cuts before you may need to
replace parts (you can buy spare blades etc.). I don't have one of these
though, and I can't find the reference I was looking for, despite
Googling. It also depends on what material you're drilling into. You'll
get more holes when drilling into lightweight blocks (aka breeze blocks)
but less on dense concrete or brick. Some places are offering "hard
material" cutter sets now and there's quite a few suppliers if you
Google for "box sinker".

You could try over on UK_Selfbuild for a more definitive answer on tool
life :-)

HTH,

Tim H.