Re: Re: Way OT : Any maths bods around?

I have personal experience of how the newspapers work. 16 years ago I
was involved in a piece where they interviewed me for 3 hours and took
some photos. Funny - I guess they lost the interview notes and asked
someone not involved to write the article - oh yes and they asked for
it to be slanted to re-enforce to point of the article - something my
situation did not do!

I got a heap of flack over it for a couple of weeks and when I phoned
to complain was told something which amounted to 'well, we could print
a retraction but no one would see it'

I never read newspapers!

David.