Lantronix serial to ethernet interface

  • Subject: Lantronix serial to ethernet interface
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:31:49 -0000

I would guess that these devices have been done to death over the years, so
apologies if I'm going over regular threads but with the traffic on the
forum it's getting harder to search the archives effectively.

I'm looking to test serial to ethernet interfaces for a number of systems I
want to have remote access to. I remember there was a Lantronix bulk buy a
while back, so I'm looking for some advice on the model that may be best
suited to my needs.

I am looking for 10/100mb connection, that operates as transparently as
possible e.g. the software on my laptop thinks it's plugged in locally via
serial connection rather than over the network or web. Looking at the
Lantronix website it would apear that MSS100 is the model I want - anyone
any comments to make before I splash out on a couple?

Neil B