Re: Another mini-Mac owner ;-)

Have to admit I haven't stressed it but I did run a 50 page technical=20
report created in Word on the PC into the mac and back out again. No=20
issues at all.

When you save the doc on the mac you are given the option of running a=20
compatabillity check before saving.

Don

On 1 Mar 2005, at 09:19, Matt MacLeod wrote:

> Yes but only to write the odd letter/spreadsheet. I believe
> compatibility between Office on Mac and PC is pretty good, I just
don't
> use Office that much, I'm afraid.
>
> Matt
> On 1 Mar 2005, at 08:49, christopher purves wrote:
>

>> Hmm - I'm definitely tottering - have you used Office on it ? Are
>> there any
>> issues moving back and forth between win and mac office ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris

PC.
>> We've sidelined the PC for use if and when we need it, and
replaced it
>> with the higher spec'd Mini. We ordered it with 512mb RAM,
airport=20
>> card
>> and an Apple keyboard.
>>
>> Runs about 10x better than the PC did, looks great on the 21"
moniter
>> that we used with the PC and the footprint is so small that the
guy
>> using it has much more room on his desk than us PowerBook users!
>>
>> If you want to switch to Mac, it's an ideal purchase, and at the
price
>> it's probably worth shelling out for even if you're just
*interested*
>> in switching. If you're already a mac user, it's an ideal server,
and
>> general office machine. The guy that uses ours runs Office,=20
>> DreamWeaver
>> and the usual Mail/Safari/iLife stuff with no problems at all. We
load
>> all of our music onto it and share it across the network and we=20
>> back-up
>> the Work folders from both PowerBooks to it.
>>
>> A lovely addition to the office.
>>
>> Matt
>>

>> On 1 Mar 2005, at 08:21, christopher purves wrote:
>>
>>> To all who have gone the mac-mini route:
>>>
>>>  Would you do it again? or would you regard it as an impulse
buy? Are
>>> you all
>>>  now Mac converts ?
>>>
>>>  I ask because I am sitting here on the fence surrounded by
impulse
>>> buys and
>>>  cannot decide whether to get one or not.
>>>
>>>  Chris

kb/mouse, but did
standard DVD
in my PC's

>>>  I also went with just the standard combo drive. In the iLife
apps
>>>  (iDVD) you can burn to an image file and ship that across to
a PC to
>>>  burn on a DVD, but again, most of my stuff is streamed across
from a
>>>  file server. Noticed that the mac OS X will just mount a .iso
file
>>>  without any additional 3rd party software - sweet!
>>>
>>>  The only area I thought about later was backup - it might be
nice to
>>>  have a DVD drive in the mac so that the backup can write to
DVD.