From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Sadeq Shehabi
Sent: 21 June 2005 08:24
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] HA frame work

Jonathan,
Thank you for your constructive criticism I like it and I agree with
you.
BUT I leave in an Arab country and it is a big difference in making
business the same way you are doing business in Europe or the US.
The client here have the money and when it come sign project he will
ask for some discounts or freebee, and when you finish the project
some time it will take more then one year for the payment.
One more thing to add is the changing of the project scope in every
meeting, not to mention the selling life cycle (Which I can publish a
whole book about it ;) )

Rob,
This is what I am after, but not asking the client to fill the form
him self, this form or frame work can be filled by sales or technical
guy.

Cheers,
BinShehab

On 6/20/05, Rob Mouser <rob@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  For my 2p's worth I would say its somewhere in the middle. Really
depends
> if
>  you want to be a consultant, installer/engineer or both. IMHO one
thing
> that
>  often lacks is a full understanding of a clients needs (Whether HA or
>  anything else for that matter.) and then poor delivery of that
information
>  back to the customer in a language they understand.=20
>  I agree that simply handing a client a questionnaire would not be
good, but
>  following a precise scoping framework certainly has merits. There's a
>  hundred and one books on the subject and as many 'models/opinions'
:-)
>=20=20
>  Rob
>=20=20
Behalf Of
> JT
>  Sent: 20 June 2005 17:35
>  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>  Subject: RE: [ukha_d] HA frame work
>=20=20
>  Apologies if this sounds out of terms, but surely if you're going to
>  start a business in HA you need to be aware of what is available to
you,
>  how the process of designing a solution for your clients works?
>=20=20
>  Although if you're following something on the lines of ITIL then
perhaps
>  a 'best practice' document would help.
>=20=20
>  If I was a potential client and interested in spending =A380 or
=A380,00=
0
wrote:
>  >  I treat my HA-projects similarly to other problems I need to
solve. I
>  >  follow the general procedure below:
>  >=20=20
>  >  Problem statement - what do you want to do?
>  >  Problem brief - apart from the immediate problem, describe what
else
>  you
>  >  want the product / system to do, how much should it cost?
>  >  Research - does the solution to the problem already exist ? Or
by
>  >  combining existing solutions can you make them do what you
want?
Do
>  they
>  >  do most of your wishes but fall short in other areas? Do you
need
>  >  redefine the brief?
>  >  Solution - if there's already a commercial solution at the
right
>  price
>  >  then buy it, unless you enjoy developing your own systems just
for
>  fun
>  >  :-) If there's no commercial solution, you'll need to develop
your
>  own.
>  >  More research, plenty of time  and lots of trial and error
later,
>  you'll
>  >  come up with a prototype solution. That may be good enough for
what
>  you
>  >  want, or you may want to refine it based on what you've learnt
>  through
>  >  it's development.=20
>  >  Implementation - put your product to the use intended
>  >=20=20
>  >=20=20
>  >  Does that help ?
>  >=20=20
>  >  Cheers,
>  >=20
>  >=20=20
>  >  Tim.
>  >=20=20
something=20
>  >  > like a blue print to follow when I need to kick start
the=20
>  >  > project, lets say as a best practice that not need to
be=20
>  >  > technical. Or question that I need to ask my self
before=20
>  >  > considering any Hardware or Software solution/project.
>  >  >=20
>  >  > I hope you got my question.
>  >  >=20
>  >  > Regards,
>  >  > BinShehab
>  >  >=20
>  >  >=20
>  >  > On 6/20/05, Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)=20
>  >  > <haweste@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >  > >  Hi BinShehab,
>  >  > >=20=20
>  >  > >  What sort of project are you thinking of? Hardware,
software,

>  >  > > starting  to wire your house etc? I'm afraid I don't
really=20
>  >  > understand=20
>  >  > > your  question.
>  >  > >=20=20
>  >  > >  Thanks,
>  >  > >=20=20
>  >  > >  Tim.
>  >  > >=20
>  >  > >=20=20
start a=20
>  >  > HA project?
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > I appreciate your answer on this.
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > Regards,
>  >  > >  > BinShehab
>  >=20=20
>  >=20
>  >=20=20
>  >=20
>  >=20=20
>  >  Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >=20=20
>  >=20=20
>  > To visit your group on the web, go to:
>  >=20=20=20
>  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>  >=20=20=20
>  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.