Re: VoIP Scope

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxx>
> Had a play with asterisk@home yesterday. Was up an running in no
> time.
>
> I know there are many on this list that use Asterisk and Voip and
> wondered
> what the scope of VOIP is in the home/work environment.
>
> Has anyone replaced their home landline with VOIP ? or is it
> something only used
> when making Voip->Voip calls or international calls?

I have an Asterisk PBX at home for almost two years now.
I have not replaced the PSTN lines, just added some VoIP lines and
phones.
All the analog phones ar econnected to the ATA type interfaces.
The functionality is far beyond any analog sustem and it can be easily
integrated with
the HA part.
You can see my DIAX phone (http://www.laser.com/dante) . It
designed
to work
ONLY with an Asterisk server and has a lot of Home Automation
integrated features.
I can use it when I'm not home to call using my home phone line, even
when abroad,
or to receive calls.
My PBX is integrated with some others from my friends. We all have a
common
dial plan and can use all the features together.
For international calls I use the VoIP link from my ISP which is very
cheap.
I can give you more details if interested.

Best regards,
Dan