OT : Media Centre and Caller ID ?

  • Subject: OT : Media Centre and Caller ID ?
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:40:56 -0000

i've got my new media centre pc all built up and working now.

Ended up with one of those X15 cases with TFT built in.
Made it pretty high-spec and works like a dream with two PVR150's
and two Sony Sky Digiboxes etc.

One thing i can't get working though is Caller ID :(

I'm using Tapirex as the software which seems to work well, but even
after a lot of research, I thought i was lucky in getting a modem
which is supposed to work with UK Caller ID.

It's a US Robotics 56k External Message Modem (71-245668-01).

US Robotics support is utterly useless as they don't even know if
any of their modems support UK caller ID.

It picks up on "incoming call", but not the caller ID part which
would really like.

Any suggestions on a fix, someone using this model, or can someone
suggest a model that they know works with caller id and that i can
actually still buy from somewhere ?

Many Thanks
Geraint.