RE: LCD TV Above Fireplace - Cables?

  • Subject: RE: LCD TV Above Fireplace - Cables?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:22:07 +0100

> I've read a bit from Google about mounts (an the need for Tilt).  Any
> other
> considerations ?

Yes, there is one vital one that I was recently warned about.

If the fireplace is used as a heat source then it *CAN* affect the screen
causing an overheat and, in extreme cases, potential damage to it which
will
not be covered by any form of warranty on the screen. I was warned by Brian
at Robert Whyte's Mark, so the info is good and he has had instances where
this has happened on several occasions.

Panasonic, Sharp, Sony and Pioneer all disowned products installed in this
way and the poor punter was left high and dry. But it does state very
clearly in all the instruction manuals that the screen should be installed
away from any sources of heat, including direct sunlight.

K.