Re: Sonos major fopar

Yes, er...my friend..er..had a very similar incident with his 2nd
unit.  He  contacted Sonos who were very helpful, although obviously
not covered by warranty, they said that you can send it back to them
and they'll send you out a refurb for $100.  You might need to send
this through your dealer where you obtained the unit if not direct.

They warned him(me) that I could try it myself, but be aware that the
top of the unit acts as a heat sink so it will be very difficult to
remove the cover without damaging the heat sink.  Raise a ticket with
sonos online support, they were quick and very helpful.

Anyway, my friend...er, now has a replacement unit back from them and
is enjoying four zones instead of three - what a difference.

Regards,
-Anon... :)

On 6/13/05, Steve James <rob68james@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The nightmare that everybody keeps warning about with imported Sonos
units has happened, "make sure you change the voltage changeover
switch to 230v" they say, so I did and set up the !st amp with
ultimate simplicity. 2nd amp, very excited now, must get it connected in
time for the BBQ, , burning smell, bugger, now I have a very expensive
paper weight, although everybody absolutely loved the working unit. Does
anybody have any advice on repair? Is this a major job? Would I need to
return to the importer, Sonos or is there anybody a little closer to home I
can deal with.
> I seem to remember someone else had a similar "erm problem",
or am I just trying to comfort myself. Can anybody advise.