DIY PIC Ethernet for HA

  • Subject: DIY PIC Ethernet for HA
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:01:45 +0100

For anyone interested in doing some DIY PIC Ethernet work, you might want
have a look at this site http://www.jalethernet.com or
http://jalethernet.sourceforge.net/

This guy has written interfaces to an NE2000 compatible chip and has
recently moved in to WiFi capability.

The JAL programming language is an Open Source language supporting most of
the current Microchip PIC range, so no expensive development environment
needed.

I've done some work with earlier versions of the NE2000 Ethernet version.
With a bit of coaxing, I guess it'd be possible to implement a cheap XAP or
XPL system. I've not looked at these for a while, but I did have a simple
PIC XAP system running via RS232 which could probably be converted to
Ethernet fairly simply.