Re: A sad time for those with video media servers...

Ian wrote:

>There's something truly f***ed up when someone can receive a five year
jail sentence for "piracy" of a DVD, but only 6 months for
breaking into an old granny's house and slashing her in the process.

Or 3 points and a £300 fine for the driver of the Saxo who (it is
believed) was speeding through the village where I live, lost control of
his car and killed my wifes aunt / Godmother last year whilst she was
stood at the letterbox just outside her house posting a couple of
letters...

...yes, the legal system does seem to have lost its sense of scale but
that's the system we have to live in.

>I am hoping for some common sense to come to the whole copyright
situation soon, as the current path is absolute insanity - no other
industry enjoys the same draconian protections that the content criminals
have managed to secure for their "intellectual property" scam,
and I don't imagine for one minute that any of us would want to live in a
society where that sort of legal system existed!

Money buys the intelligent (or you can insert your own descriptive
words) lawyers that makes the laws work for you ...

Phil